Ethos, Vision and Values
Thomas Knyvett College School will excel at “bringing out the best” in students of all abilities and so increase their life-chances for their future success and fulfilment.
• to challenge all students to achieve their best
• to develop self-esteem in all students so that they become confident, resilient and responsible citizens • to encourage positive behaviour, individual responsibility and high aspirations
• to provide a happy, safe, caring and inclusive environment
• to ensure our available resources create a stimulating and vibrant learning experience
• to provide a personalised curriculum within a broad and balanced educational framework
• to support and develop our staff to ‘bring out the best’
• to work in partnership with our communities to be a centre of educational excellence
Thomas Knyvett College’s approach is both forward looking and traditional, offering a proven high quality education. We provide opportunities for students of all abilities within the 11-16 age range to achieve high standards within a caring atmosphere that enables them to develop socially and academically. We work hard to engender in all students self-esteem, confidence and consideration for others through their secondary education. We set high standards for behaviour, promoting traditional values that are important for lifelong achievement. We believe that academic attainment flourishes in this atmosphere enabling students to develop into confident and well-rounded young adults.
The college values the students and staff while engaging and collaborating with community stakeholders. We believe in a personalised and nurturing experience that puts the child at the heart of everything we do. Through high quality teaching and learning and a rich and diverse comprehensive education we encourage a high degree of individual responsibility and mutual respect, encorporating the school ‘PROUD’ values.
As a Specialist Mathematics & Computing and Arts College, Thomas Knyvett College is the only school in the country that secured this unique combined specialism. This is a testimony to the consistently impressive results in core subjects of Mathematics and English and the outstanding achievements of the ICT department.