Young Talent Programme
The Young Talent Programme is run in collaboration with MCR Pathways.
MCR Pathways was founded in 2007 to address the gap in life-chances and educational outcomes between young people who have experienced disadvantage and their peers.
The MCR Charity was established to support young people, including those who are care-experienced or otherwise identified by the school as vulnerable, to help them realise their full potential through education. This is enacted through our school based mentoring programme – matching young people with a fully trained volunteer mentor.
There’s amazing potential in our young people, potential that’s often hampered because of difficult life experiences. Mentors bridge talent with opportunity.
Young people who are listened to, and are supported, will thrive. Our onsite, full-time Pathways Coordinator not only works with groups of Year 7 and 8 students but also works closely with MCR staff to ensure students are accurately matched with a mentor for Years 9-11.
Mentoring has been shown to make a life-changing difference in:
Confidence & Relationships
- Confidence, Belief & Self-esteem
- Communication & Relationship Skills
- Motivation, Commitment & Resilience
Education & Employment
- School Attendance & Engagement
- Attainment & Staying On Rates
- Progression To College, Uni & Jobs
- Better Career Options & Life Chances
Inspiring Young People
- Health, Wellbeing, Self-worth
- Becoming Responsible & Role Models
- Inspiring People & Communities